Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins

For FHE we decided to carve/decorate pumpkins. Well, Lynn got stuck at the barn until quite late so we improvised a little.....

Allyson had these cute pumpkin face pieces at the store. So with those, a few permanent markers and a little bit of imagination, the boys came up with these!

Hadley liked them too. She couldn't keep her hands off of them!

So.....thinking that I had lucked out and didn't have to deal with the mess of carving pumpkins, I went to bed that night clean and happy.

No such luck....

Mason came home and begged us to carve pumpkins. How can I say no?

Fortunately, Mason carved his own and helped dig out the guts of both pumpkins.

I really think the resemblances are uncanny.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ah they turned out cute!! i've got to post my pics!! coen HATED carving pumpkins last year... and still hates to get messy, so we decorated them too... hahaha i wasn't a creative as you guys...

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

Oh my gooodnes, the resemblance cracks me up! They look so good. Brylin cried the other day because we are only doing the trick or trunk at the church on Halloween...we don't really live in a neighborhood and don't know a safe place to go. Oh how I miss little ole circleville on Halloween! Have fun!

Channa said...

Cute! Definitely some of the most creative pumpkins I have seen! Happy Halloween. :)

Josh & Jamie said...

They did a great job. I also don't like the mess, so we painted. That way the boys could do it by their selves.