Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Whirlwind Week Part III: Baby Blessing




Isn't She Lovely!!
To add to the plethora of activities for the last week, we decided to bless Hadley this Sunday too! I had family come and stay during the weekend, which was so much fun. My brother John and his girlfriend Kae, my sister Nina and her husband Jon and daughter Maya, and my Mom all arrived on Friday and stayed through the weekend. It was great to spend time with them. I always have so much fun with all of them, they are so funny! They were a tremendous help preparing for Hadley's blessing and the dinner after church. Sunday arrived and it wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be. Lynn did such a beautiful job blessing Hadley. He is the greatest dad any kid could have! He loves our children (and me!) so much, we are truly blessed to have him in our life! And as I said, Hadley's blessing was perfect. Lynn's dad swears he could see a glow come over Hadley as soon as Lynn gave her her name. It was such a special day for us!

My grandma DeLange made this blessing dress when I was in high school. I made a porcelain doll for a young women's project and she made the dress to go on the doll. It's been waiting a long time for an angel to wear it!


I was so glad that my Mom brought my Grandma to the blessing. It was special to have her there to see Hadley in the dress she had made more than 15 years before!



My beautiful little family. What a blessing in my life!!!




Here is my family! I love you guys so much! Thanks for everything you do for me!

P.S. I finally found time this week to do some scrapbooking (I think I was actually having withdrawals from not having time to do some pages!!!) and I posted the new pages on my slide shows on the side, so take a look! I know some of you have started doing the digital scrapbook thing, make sure you share! I always love new ideas!





7 comments:

Josh & Jamie said...

Hadley looks so cute in her blessing dress. I thought about you guys while I was in St. George. I am glad everything turned out good. I can't believe Mason is 9. Where does the time go?

Kristi Rowley said...

I remember when we made those dolls. That dress is gorgous. It's been awhile since I last saw Nina and John (brother and sister). You have a beautiful family. It's fun seeing those pictures.

Zach, Roby, and Carson said...

She sure is a little cutie pie. She looks alot like your youngest boy in the face but of course looks like mommy and her cousin maya. Fun Fun

Jolee said...

I really love Hadley's blessing dress. It is so beautiful and that is really cool that it has a history behind it. Anyway you guys are such a cute family.

WESTWOOD'S said...

Hadley is so cute!! Can we just steal her for our house? I am so glad the day went good. Those days can get so stressful. Oh, and if you would like to leave Kyle during some of Mason's games just call we would be happy to keep him.

Stephanie King said...

Hadley is so cute, and I love her dress! I just wanted to comment you and tell you how much I love the digital scrapbooking! I posted some of the pages I have done and my mom said that you wanted to see them. My blog is set on private, so if you e-mail me your address I will invite you. Thanks so much for letting us know about the program and for helping us run it! I hope I get as good at it as you are! Your pages are so cute!

Carrie said...

You have to tell me what program you use to do your digital scrapbooking. I would like to get started, but don't know a thing about it! Would love to pick your brain!