Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Finally...some scrapbooking time!

Now that Kyle and Mason are back in school, I have a few hours to do some scrapbooking. It just works out that right after I get Kyle off to school, Hadley falls asleep for her nice morning nap. I could spend the time doing extra housework, but who wants to do that? So I've done a few pages and thought I'd share them with you.

I purchased Photoshop Elements a couple months ago and have finally decided to give it an honest try. It's a lot different than My Memories Suite and takes a bit longer to do a page, but you can do some extra fun things with it. This page of Hadley is kind of corny, I know, but it was still kind of fun to do. I love that I can cut the background out of pictures. I really need to get me a pen, though, because it's really hard to do with a mouse!

This was another fun thing I tried...a clipping mask. I was able to "cut" my set of pictures out in the shape of a "4." The possibilities for this are endless!

I did a few pages in My Memories Suite too. I think I'll flip back and forth between the programs. I'll use MMS when I need to get pages done quickly and I'll use PSE when I want to do something with a little more "spice." Either way, I'm having fun, getting done and have NO mess to clean-up!!

4 comments:

Josh & Jamie said...

Priscilla, These pages are way cute. Can I send you my pictures? Thanks again for watching my boys.
Jamie

Blackburns said...

Cute pages. I started scraping digitally. I like it. But I can't give up paper scraping completely. I do more digital than paper.

Six of Us said...

Mason's shirt is freakin' hilarious. I still think I need to get him the one that says, "I'm HUGE in Japan..." lol
Anyway, we're excited to see you guys this weekend. Maya will be so happy to see Mason, Kyle, and Hadley and show you guys her "Baby Gali."

McAllister's said...

Pris,
Can you also download templates into your my memories suite? I think that I might purchase it, but I want to be able to download templates and then fill them in with the papers and pictures I want. Let me know. Mandi