Monday, September 15, 2008

My First Tag...

O.K. This is my first "tag" and I must thank Mekeisia for not tagging me with the photo tag...we spent the weekend in Salt Lake and then I had the stomach flu for a couple of days, so my house is a mess right now and I'd hate to have to show all of you what it looks like! Here goes....

7 things I CAN do:
1. Cut hair - I'm no professional, but I do o.k. Mostly boy haircuts and simple girl cuts.
2. Play musical instruments - piano, violin and flute and a few others if needed, but piano is the only one I feel very comfortable with.
3. Pick up almost anything, any size, with my toes. In the process of giving birth to Kyle, I broke my tailbone. So for six months after, it was extremely painful to get up and down...thus the need to use my toes to pick things up.
4. Organize - I love to organize things. There are parts of my house right now that do not exhibit this talent, but I do enjoy it!
5. Work/Play on the computer. I'm a computer geek. I love to do anything I can on the computer.
6. Hunt - in fact I quite enjoy it. I can't wait to go elk hunting this fall!
7. Do a high kick (with only my right leg) like the good ole' days of drill team!

7 things I CANNOT do:
1. Crochet - and it drives me nuts! I can do a chain just fine, but when it's time to turn and come back....I just can't do it!
2. Tread water. I'm still pretty scared of deep water. But that is one fear I plan to conquer....someday. :)
3. Have mice in my house....I'm terrified of mice and I almost can't live in my house when there is a mouse in it. Fortunately, I haven't had to deal with that issue much.
4. Remember if a ton is one or two thousand pounds. In fact, I'm not sure right now!
5. Drive a stick shift. I still remember getting stuck at a stop light in Cedar City...how embarrassing!
6. Cook - I try my best, but my food is never as good as my mother-in-law's! :)
7. Understand why this list was much easier to complete than the first.

Seven things that attracted me to Lynn:
1. His blonde hair and blue eyes.
2. His humility.
3. He loves kids and kids love him.
4. The gospel is important to him and he sets a great example for our kids.
5. He cares about people and wants to help others all the time.
6. He is SO good to me.
7. He's a hard worker. I don't think he has a lazy bone in his body.

Seven things I say most often:
1. According to Mason, "O.K"
2. According to Kyle, "Leave Hadley alone!"
3. According to Hadley, "Hi beautiful!"
4. According to Lynn, "Lynn, would you....." At least I feel like I'm always bothering him to do some honey-do for me.
5. I love you.
6. Holy Tamoly - got that from Lynn.
7. The goats are out!

7 favorite foods:
1. Anything chocolate.
2. Burritos
3. Lasagna
4. Wendy's 99 cent chicken sandwich
5. McDonald's chocolate shake
6. Sweet-n-sour chicken
7. My mom's cheesy chicken dinner

7 celebrity admirations:
1. Oprah Winfrey - her charitable spirit
2. Sarah Palin - her pride in being a mom and shaking things up with the "old boys club"
3. Dara Torres - even at age 41, she's still not giving up her dreams
4. Reba M. - for being an amazing musical artist and not too bad an actress too!
5. President Hinkley - I consider him to be a celebrity because he reached out to the world in a positive way and showing the world what we should all be like
6. Sean Hannity - I'm a news junkie and I love watching Hannity and Colmes, but mostly just Hannity - he doesn't put up with any of the Democratic schmooze.
7. Kate Grosselin (of Jon & Kate plus 8) - mother of twins and sextuplets....need I say more?

7 people I'm tagging:
Carly, Jamie, Kristi, Megan, Susan, Terra, Nicole
(only if you want to!)

2 comments:

Channa said...

This was a fun post. You've always been very multi-faceted. I don't think there is hardly anything you can't do! I like that you can pick up anything with your toes - that's a great talent to have. You can too cook...I remember you cooking for us when I was in young women's! I liked what you said about a stick shift. They are hard...the only reason I can drive one is because Morgan taught me driving over Cedar mountain! This was really fun to read...especially your celebrity admirations at the end. :)

Carrie said...

Ok - I need to know how you made your list of friends and family blogs show when they last posted and the most recent posts are first. I tried something that I thought would work and I was wrong! I appreciate the help!