Friday, April 4, 2008

"We're From the Country"




Last night was Circleville Elementary's annual Spring Sing where the kids perform songs and dances that they have learned. I was asked to help choreograph their dances this year...I really love doing it! The kids are so cute - even the 6th graders who "hate" doing it! The theme was a Country Roundup and the classes all picked different country songs to learn. Preschool: "The Old Grey Mare"; Kindergarten: "Hey Good Lookin'"; 1st Grade: "Little Bitty"; 2nd Grade: "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys"; 3rd Grade: "Beverly Hillbillies"; 4th Grade: "Should've Been a Cowboy"; 5th Grade: "Rockytop"; 6th Grade: "Cotton-Eyed Joe." The kids all did great, as always, and I think they really enjoyed the country theme. Here are a few pics. I felt really bad because Kyle got too scared and wouldn't do it. Although he did give a private performance for us at home afterwards and we were able to video it. But Mason did perform and he did a great job too in his Hillbilly outfit. If I can figure out how, I'll post a video clip of it. I know that most of you reading this come from a small town around here and remember how little the school is, but some might think that 140 kids (grades Preschool through 6th) isn't very many - but that's alot for us country folks!!

3 comments:

Kristi Rowley said...

Hey Priscilla!
I found your blog on Candice Bloods blog. Hope you don't mind me checking out yours. It's always fun catching up on people from home! You have some handsome boys and a very beautiful daughter.

McAllister's said...

Oh yes we remember very well how it is in a small town. I do love Richfield, just big enough it doesn't quite feel like a small town!! But I loved it and I wouldn't give up my small upbringing!!

Unknown said...

ah that is so cute!!! makes me miss Piute so much!!